Saturday, April 01, 2006

I ve been making a strict policy of ending every visit to a city by stealing away in the night hammered. I left pais vasco at 130 and arrived in Madrid at 630 after a pretty good night of partying. My departure was like the last helicopter leaving the Saigon embassy, except for running to the roof for a helicpoter, I ran from the roof to a taxi, watching a drunk Ellie bitch out a basque girl who tried to steal it.

Ellie and friends, I had a fantstic visit. it sucks that as soon as I get comfortable somewhere, it´s time to leave. Scratch that, it´s awesome. Comfort is boring. Roberta and Kara, come to Scotland, or Fburg. Ellie, don´t stay the summer. 8 months was too long, you´re missed in fred vegas.

So I woke up in Madrid alone and burnt out. It was nice beating the rest of the city to the day, a good hour before regular people went to work. Dawn pics are good. Madrid´s big and busy, not like cute san sebastian or quiet santander. The art is fantastic. Went out w/ an italian dude and 2 romanian girls, one of which made me feel a lot better about leaving my writing notebook on the bus from Bilbao. "You have to live your life, not write it." True, and I won´t lose my blog.

So 1st personal item m.i.a., but barcelonas gonna kick real madrids ass tonight, and Ill go to bed early to see the prado all day mañana.
paz

p.s.
oh, and some music Ive been rocking lately, getting me through the metropolitan wastelands and soothing me to sleep:

The Flaming Lips - Entire new album
J Dilla - Donuts
Roe Allison & Chip Bond - Cést Ci Bon
Madlib - Entire new album
Gangstar - Code of the Streets
Bonnie Price Charlie - Love Me
and of course, Nastradoomus

1 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice farnsworth reference

-joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home